Driving when Drinking: An unpredictable risk.

The risk that a driver who is under the effects of the alcohol die in a car crash, is at least eleven times higher than the risk of drivers who do not have alcohol in your body.

For the majority of the people, these are just statistics, perhaps they are impressive, but they are just statistics. However, for the families and friends of those who died as a result of which a teenager drove drunk, each figure represents a tragic loss.

Alcohol distorts perceptions and the insight of people. People who is under the influence of alcohol has no problems to admit that your reaction time is less than when it has not drunk. In addition, there are many risks that they would never have if they were sober. Morever, it will come to be more serious if there are babies in your car. For this reason, See here for reviews of baby carriers if you are drunk.  These risks are often fatal.

UNDERSTANDING HOW ALCOHOL AFFECTS THE BODY

Alcohol is absorbed into the blood through small blood vessels that are found on the walls of the stomach and small intestine. Minutes after ingesting alcohol, this travels from the stomach to the brain, where quickly produces its effect, delaying the action of the nerve cells.

Approximately 20% of the alcohol is absorbed through the stomach. Most of the remaining 80% is absorbed through the small intestine.

In addition, the blood carries alcohol liver, which removes it from the blood by the “metabolism”, a process by which becomes a non-toxic substance. Liver only can metabolize certain amount of alcohol at a time, leaving the surplus in circulation throughout the body. Therefore, the intensity of the effect of alcohol in the body is directly proportional to the amount of alcohol consumed.

When the amount of alcohol in the blood exceeds a certain level, the respiratory system becomes very slow (respiration rate decreases sharply), and can cause a State of coma or death, since the oxygen already does not reach the brain.

More information:

  • In the United States in 2007, the death toll from accidents caused by teenagers who lead
    drunken was 1.393, nearly four deaths every day of the year.
  • In United States car accidents top the list of causes of death among adolescents and are responsible for more than one of every three deaths of American teenagers. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (National Agency for the safety of traffic on the roads), 31% of teen drivers who lost their lives on the roads in 2006, had been drinking.
0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>